I write. Always have, always will. When other things come and go writing is always there, like a good old friend.
I have been writing professionally for 12 years and a full-time freelancer since 2007. If you want to see a snapshot, please visit my LinkedIn profile.
My media clients include:
I also offer professional writing and editing services to companies and community groups. My experience includes business writing training, intranet strategy & communications, Enterprise Agreement strategy & communications, website copy, media releases, marketing / publicity collateral, annual reports, case studies, corporate policy documents, custom magazines and shadow writing.
I am currently presenting Business Writing Essentials for the good folk at the Australian Writers’ Centre, editing Sydney Theatre Company’s annual report, and editing an illustrated children’s book.
Previous roles include:
- Editor of CBX – the magazine for the Community Broadcasting Association of Australia (see more here)
- Corporate Communications Consultant at Insurance Australia Group (IAG)
- Senior copywriter (sustainability) for Sydney Theatre Company
- Scriptwriter at Channel 7
- Jobshare role as Online Communications Manager at IAG (12 months) within its Group Corporate Affairs and Investor Relations team
- Book editor (see more here)
- Two years as Senior Writer & Editor at corporate writing firm The Editor Group
- One year as Communications Consultant with corporate social responsibility firm, Positive Outcomes
- Two years as Internal Communications Manager at Cisco
- Media Officer for Electrofringe 2008 (a This is Not Art festival)
I have also worked on professional writing / editing projects for:
- GetUp! (I wrote the 2007 / 2008 annual reports)
- National Science Week (I was the editor of 10daysofscience.com)
- Feral Media (promotional materials)
- Future Exploration Network (roundtables / report writing)
- Pay Per Click (Search Engine Optimisation copywriting)
- Dimension Data (in-house copy writing contract)
- MBF (custom magazines)
- Pricewaterhouse Coopers (corporate social responsibility case studies)
- Editor Group (various)
- This Is Not Art Festival (promotional materials)
- E*TRADE Australia (Search Engine Optimisation copywriting)
This site re-publishes a lot of my media writing. There’s little of my corporate writing work here, as much of this material is confidential or copyright. Please enquire if you wish to know more about the corporate writing projects I’ve completed.
Reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more specific information on what I can offer, please see my services page.
*Header photograph care of Josh Mehlman.